- First, download iTunes whether you are on a PC or a Mac. It is FREE!
- Select your operating system on the top left and click "Download Now"
- 'Run' or 'Open' the installer and complete the installer wizard keeping all default settings.
- Once this is complete, open iTunes.
- Go to 'Edit' on the top left of the toolbar and select 'Preferences' at the bottom.
- In this window, in the center, click the button that says "Import Settings"
- Select to import using the MP3 encoder with the "higher quality" setting using the scroll down menus.
- Click OK and OK again to save your preference settings.
- Put in your audio CD
- When the list of track(s) appears in the main window, click "Import CD" on the bottom right.
- After a few minutes the files will be copied to the Library in iTunes.
- Click Library on the left and find the file name in the list. The search feature at the top right makes it much faster!
- Once you have found the file, highlight it and drag it into your Transcription software window.
- Now that you have an MP3 sound file, you can use your Transcription software to transcribe it and play it back using your foot control.
Friday, November 7, 2008
We hear this several times a week from our customers and it's a great question! Sometimes a transcriptionist, working with digital voice files such as DSS or WMA, will get an audio CD to transcribe and not know how to play it back with his/her foot-switch. Here is what we agree is the easiest way to convert audio files from a CD in order to transcribe it.